Zinc is an essential nutrient for men’s health, and having low zinc levels can create health problems. For men, it is particularly important to include zinc rich foods in your diet.
- Baked Beans
- Egg Yolks
- Beef and Lamb
- Cashew nuts, Pumpkin Seeds and Sunflower Seeds (you can snack on these or throw them in a salad)
There is an easy taste test that we can do to check your zinc levels at this clinic. It takes only 10 seconds to do and is completely painless. If your zinc level is really low, it is worth taking a liquid zinc supplement. This is the most effective way of boosting your zinc levels when they are really low and improving your health fast! Then you may rely on zinc rich foods to keep your levels up.
One of the most common health problems experienced by men is Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia or BPH. BPH is just a medical term that means a man’s prostate gland has become bigger than it should be. Because the prostate gland wraps around a part of the urinary tract, when it becomes enlarged, it actually presses on the tube that carries urine, altering the ability to pass urine.
Symptoms of an Enlarged Prostate Include:
- Difficulty starting to urinate;
- Difficultly maintaining urinary flow, or starting and stopping when trying to pass urine;
- Needing to urinate urgently;
- Needing to urinate more frequently, and
- Increase in the occurrence of urinary tract infections, which may cause irritation or burning when passing urine